Here are the results from Pilgrim’s Extended Giving survey. Thank you for nominating sixteen exceptional organizations, making our choices challenging. Thank you for voting. And most important, thank you for your generosity and careful stewardship over many years, so that Pilgrim could step up to meet this moment of exceptional need, and share our gifts.
Four organizations led the voting, and there was a tie for fifth place. These four groups will each receive $2500:
- Health Care Without Walls – free, compassionate medical care for homeless women and children in Boston
- The Council on American Indian Ministry – through UCC ministries, serving some of the most impoverished Native American reservations in the country
- Food Link – which rescues food that would otherwise be thrown away and distributes it to food pantries across eastern Massachusetts
- The Outdoor Church – ministering to homeless and street-involved men and women in Cambridge
And these two groups will each receive $1250:
- The Mass Redistribution Fund – funding 27 selected community-led Covid relief efforts across Massachusetts
- The Food Project – hiring teens from diverse backgrounds to grow and distribute fresh produce to hunger relief efforts across eastern Massachusetts
Thank you for making a difference in our world.