Volunteers needed for help with soon-to-be-arriving Afghan family
Getting Ready for Our LexRAP Afghan Family
In anticipation of the arrival of the Afghan family that LexRAP will be sponsoring, we need to identify a host of volunteers. While the specific needs are still to be determined, we expect that we will need volunteers who can:
- serve as liaison for the family to the Lexington Public Schools
- serve as ride coordinator
- be drivers
- taking the family to appointments and on errands
- ensure that the family is enrolled in state benefit programs like MassHealth and Department of transitional Assistance (DTA).
- serve as English language tutors
If you are interested in any of these roles, please fill out a volunteer form on the Join Us section of the LexRAP home page. There will be clothing drives for the families when they arrive.
LexRAP will put to direct use all financial donations it receives. To help, click HERE to donate, or send a check to LexRAP, PO Box 244, Lexington 02420.
Tom Rich, Volunteer Coordinator